Last Monday, with our car packed to the maximum (literally), we "moved" to Cali. We weren't sure about where we would be living or for how long, so we just brought the essentials (and an air mattress). We got into a duplex for really cheap but we weren't planning on staying in it past the end of September. But.... the price is amazing, the neighbors are nice, and the duplex is liveable (but quite small) so we are trying to stick it out for a year.
Things I am loving about California so far:
*SO many more shopping options than Pocatello, Idaho!
*The humidity level is perfect! Not muggy but not overly dry.
*Palm Trees! (I'm very happy to be reunited with the palms!)
*So far, people have been really nice and friendly to us.
*The Ice Cream section at the store down the road is HuGe!!
*Yard Sales!
*The fact that there is a freezer section in the Dollar Store!
Things I am not so much loving:
*Sales tax in California is crazy! (8.25%---pretty sure it's the highest in the nation!)
*Every morning we have been here, there is a big gray cloud sitting over Vallejo.
*It is SO cold in the mornings!
*The ice cream truck that drives around our neighborhood over and over and over every single day. (it passes multiple times within the same hour)
*Traffic
*Having to re-learn how to share my husband with his education.
We've learned that regardless of where you live, you win some & you loose some. So far, we really have enjoyed it here and people have been so kind and welcoming to us.

3 comments:
I am so happy for you guys and happy you are loveingin it for know. I am already on Seth about going down to see you guys he is thinking next year if you guys are still there. And we will have to go to a football game that is the dill with getting him here with me but I want to see pic of you apptment and of some thing's you have been doing!
Sounds fun! I had no idea that you guys were MOVING!!
Win some and lose some... I like that! Sales tax here is 8 something to. It's terrible! Oh Cali, I loved it when we would vacation there. Sure glad everything is going well. Keep updating and good luck with the cord!
Post a Comment