Sunday, May 8, 2011

Giants vs. Braves


My spring break lined up with the first week of Keith's semester break this year and we were able to go and do a few fun things. One night we went to a Giants/Braves baseball game. Although the Giants lost, it was still a lot of fun!


AT&T Stadium with the bay in the background

You can climb up in the Coke bottle and there are slides inside

We found Keith's ISU hat (that I'm wearing) looks very similar to the Giants SF hat, so that worked out nicely.

Nothing like a baseball game under the lights! Our tickets included a $5 food voucher so we were able to get a hot dog, which was perfect.
I am not much of a professional sports watcher, but after the second pitch of the game, I had to agree with the guy sitting next to me when he said, "HOLY COW!! Live baseball is SO much cooler than watching it on TV! This is awesome!"


I'm also not a huge fan of taking the motorcycle places at night on the freeway, (*hello freeze-out!) but things really aligned this night. We saved $30 on parking because we found a motorcycle spot on the street 2 blocks away from the stadium. Since it was after 6:00, we also didn't have to pay the meter!
Yay for summer activities!

2 comments:

Seth, Sheena, Carlie, and Kaylee Hirschi said...

I SO wish we could have been there Seth loves the Braves and I just love Baseball games they are just the BEST thing ever!!! You guys will have to go to a lot more of them for me!! love ya and miss ya but we will see you at Wes's wedding

Echo said...

Wow what a fun night! I'm jealous!