The past couple of days have been something. The first test of med school is such a stressful thing! (Including for me!) It is starting in 15 minutes and although I'm nervous, I'm surprisingly calm. Wednesday night was when the anxiety and stress hit the hardest for poor Keith, but he has studied like a maniac since then and was surprisingly calm this past weekend. Saturday I went with the Ross Spouse Organization (RSO) to Sunsets Beach and it was nice. They had a nice pool for all of the kids to swim in and on the beach they had lounge chairs (which are not common around here) where all of the wives without children seemed to flock to. Sunsets is actually a hotel/restaurant and for $10 EC (eastern Caribbean $) which is about $3 USD you can pay to use the facilities. We had lunch there and I had my first decent cheeseburger and fries since I've been on the island! I was quite excited! It's funny how they prepare some things down here, every sandwich I've ever order has cucumber on it, including my cheeseburger. I am growing to really like it though. It was nice to check out a different beach and relax with some of the other wives. Last night I think that Keith needed to get out of the apartment and do something relaxing before today. We walked down to the beach after dinner and although the sun had just set, the sky was beautiful and still full of different colors. We stood on the dock, talked, and enjoyed the beauty of Dominica. The view was breath taking and the weather was awesome. It had cooled off a little and it reminded me of a summer night in Idaho. I know the next 14 & 1/2 months are going to fly by and I can't believe that we've already been here for 6 weeks! I don't think that I will ever see enough sunsets on the ocean.
Fashion Show
6 days ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment