Thursday, September 25, 2008

9 days of nothing but Twilight!

Now that I am only working  a few hours a day, I have had a little bit more time on my hands. So, I gave in and started reading Twilight. I borrowed Twilight a week ago from Sunday and started reading later that afternoon.  By Wednesday, I was in dire need of New Moon (the 2nd book) and by Friday, I was on to Eclipse (the 3rd one).  I finished Eclipse Saturday night and started Breaking Dawn (the 4th one) on Sunday evening.  By Tuesday, I was done.  Completely obsessed, but done.  Other than working and teaching English class for 2 days last week, I honestly did nothing other than read from the time I woke up until the time I couldn't keep my eyes open any more at night.  I have never read a book that I honestly "couldn't put down" until now.  (Harry Potter was close though)  Needless to say, the books were better than I expected them to be and I might reread them shortly, but at a much slower pace.   :)


Oh, thanks Keith for eating Soup so much last week for dinner.  You are so great to understand that I just "didn't have time to cook."

4 comments:

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

I am the same way with a book!!! Once I pick a book up that I like I HAVE TO FINISH IT!!! Cort says I ignore the family completely until I'm done (which I probably do) I'm glad you found some good books!!

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!! I've read them three times! yes three times! I just can't get enough of them! I may even reread them before the movie in Nov.!

Christy said...

LOL! I totally laughed out loud when I read about Keith eating soup! ah, poor Keith. I am sure he got over it!;) I am glad you liked the books, I love them and have read them all twice now! I am surprised I haven't been turned in to child services for child neglect...Oops. She should have posted a warning about that.

The Suttons said...

Aren't they so addicting? And aren't husbands so nice to not say anything or complain when they can see you're enjoying yourself?! What did you think of the 4th book? Miss you guys!!!