Monday, February 23, 2009

Jacko Falls

A few weeks ago the Ross Spouse Organization (RSO) planned a trip to a few different spots on the island.  Spanny Falls, Emerald Pool, and the Carib Territory.   Although Emerald Pool is one of my very favorite spots on the island, I have been there at least 4 times and the Carib Territory at least 5.  I had not however, been to Spanny Falls and I have a list of places I want to see on the island before we leave.  So, I committed to going but the morning we left, our driver Bruno said Spanny Falls would be too Muddy.  Bummer!  We ended up going to Jacko Falls instead, which I had never been to either and I LOVED IT!  It is a small but absolutely beautiful waterfall and the area around it is amazing!  Bruno said it would be too cold to swim so I didn't take anything but my camera to the falls.  After getting my feet in, I decided I wanted to go for a dip.  The water was freezing, but I was able to talk Tamara into getting in with me and we had a lot of fun! (Even with out having our towels afterwards!)  There is just something exhilarating about swimming at the base of a waterfall, no matter how cold the water is or how strong the current! 

Jacko Falls
Another spouse down here, Genoveva, is a very talented photographer and she brought her nice camera on the trip.  Here are some pictures she took.  (Thanks Geno!)


Tamara and I, freezing but having fun!

Tamara, Natalynn, and I



That would be my  "OH!  IT'S COLD!"  face.   

(Thanks Tamara for getting in with me!)

(I'll finish posting about Emerald Pool and the Carib Territory in my next post)
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

chels,
Jacko Falls is beautiful! I'm so glad you went and I'm so happy you are enjoying Dominica. We are so happy here as well and boy does it make a difference. Anyways good to hear an update from you. I hope you are doing well.