One last Dominica post..... I think. Here are a ton of pictures from out last weekend on the island. It was such a fun weekend, thank you everyone! On Friday night the Ross Spouses Organization had a farewell dinner for the spouses that are leaving. There was yummy food and great company, thanks RSO! Saturday, Keith and I rented a car and drove down to Roseau and Champagne Bay one last time. The snorkeling was awesome! And Sunday was spent with our dear friends who really have become our Dominican Family.
Lillian and I at the RSO dinner. She's a lot of fun and her daughters are some of the cutest girls ever.
Me, Natalynn, Liz, and sleeping Emmy.
Some of the girls from the branch. This group was SO fun this semester!
Meet one of my favorite people in Dominica. I don't even know the people who run the "Mr. Whippy" truck, but I love them. We lived above a grocery store for a semester and Mr. Whippy would always park outside it with his music playing. I would go down and stand in line with the children and pay my $2.50 EC and enjoy an ice cream cone. We ran into him in Roseau when we were headed home.
"SLOW Mind that child!" --Classic Dominica.
Us at Champagne Bay, my favorite spot for snorkeling. Bubbles come up from the bottom and it looks like you are swimming in a glass of champagne, hence the name.
Keith with his Mr. Whippy. It was delicious!
Owen and Keith outside Owens house. We were able to give him a ride home and check out his house after church. Owen is a local member of our church who is ROCK solid and preparing to go to the temple. We are very excited for him!
The Portsmouth Dominica Branch Primary (minus a few kids).
Natalynn, Sister & Elder Bruner and myself. The Bruners have done so much good in Dominica and we will miss them very much!
We had one last dinner at the Roys with all of our friends the night before we left. Thank you everyone for coming, it meant a lot to us! All of girls except for Liz, Kristi, and Jessie coincidentally wore pink.
Thank you everyone for making out last weekend so enjoyable! We miss you like crazy and think of you often! :)

3 comments:
Awww...Chelsie, you are the best. Whenever I see the Mr. Whippy truck, I promise to think of you. Miss you already :)
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! you are so fun and cute! can't wait for some AMERICAN entries- your new life has begun! miss you.
holy blogging! I didn't realize how much I have missed! Those are some great pictures! You guys have had such great experiences and stories to tell for long time!
Post a Comment