Honda Shadow 1100 Sabre
This time I'm serious. I had been dropping Keith off at school when I'd go to work every day, around 1:00 and he would have to hang out until 6:00 when his classes start. We made it work for a while, I would just leave 30 minutes earlier than normal for work (doubling my commute) and Keith would go to the library and study. As much fun as that was (but not really) it was time for a change.
I married into a motorcycle and when we left to Dominica I made a deal with Keith that if he sold his bike then, he could get another one later. In my head it was going to be much, much later. Like, after our children are born, grown, and moved out.
His definition of later proved to be much different.
We shopped around, and around, and around. Keith wanted a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, but everyone selling them was.... unique in their own way.
One guy had just taken the insurance off of his bike so we couldn't drive it, but he offered to drive it up and down the street so we could see and hear it. On his second turn around, he tipped it over on the road before bringing it back to where we were standing.
Yes, please let us buy your bike. It seems you take great care of it.
Another guy listed his bike at what it would sell for if it was in great running condition. We went to look at it but it wasn't running well enough to take out on the road (once he finally got it started) and he wasn't sure if he wanted to sell it. He later e-mailed us and said he upped the price $400 and was still deciding if he wanted to sell it. Really??!?
Anyway, the guy that we bought this bike from gave us a fair price but also gave us the trunk, the saddle bags, a sissy bar (back rest) with 2 different backs, a helmet that matches the bike, a variety of foot rests and things, and then he pretty much cleaned out his garage and gave us everything for free. (Oil, aluminum polish, etc) He said what we didn't want, we could just sell and make some money off of. Plus, the bike came with a windshield and crash bars.
We (yes, we) have really enjoyed the bike. After I got home from work the day we got it, Keith took me for a ride over to Mare Island and then we went down along the Marina. It was a beautiful evening. The sun was setting on the water, the palm trees lined the road, and the boats on the water were all lit up.
Yep, I love it here.

1 comments:
PLEASE DON'T TELL JUSTIN??!! We got him a bike for fathers day one year. We decided to sell it because it was going to nickel and dime us. Justin hasn't dropped the idea since! I told him he could get another one when are children are all raised and have families of their own (I don't want to be raising children by myself) besides that we would need a better life insurance to bribe me! I am so glad you are enjoying life! It's great to read up on you. P.S ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET
Post a Comment