So--here's the latest.
As of Tuesday at noon: Everything we owned down here is sold, with the exception of the things that we are taking home. We have 2 meals left in our cupboards, a few in the fridge, and a few in the freezer, just enough to get us through until we leave. Our bank account's closed, our barrel to be shipped to Miami is payed for, I've been replaced at my job, and we have a nice family moving into our apartment. As I posted, we have a tentative plan from here until January.
As of Tuesday at 5:00: We are calling places around here about apartments to live in next semester, praying our hearts out, and no longer packing our barrel. All because of one short e-mail.
It said something along the lines of:
Keith,
I got your information from some of the AICM selection committee. I am assigned to stay in Dominica for next semester and have recently decided that Miami will be a better place for me. I was wondering if you would like to switch spots.
??????????????????????????????Say what????????????????????????????
1 week before we are supposed to fly out and someone wants to switch spots?
Well, we prayed about it, thought about it, prayed about it, thought about it, freaked out about it, and then prayed a little more and decided that we will still save a lot of money even if we stay here and have to buy new things, pay to change our plane tickets, and I'm jobless. So.......
Dominica, you've got us for 3 more months!!!! We will now stay here until the beginning of August, then fly home and our tentative schedule will pick up from there....... maybe as we have planned, maybe not........

6 comments:
How exciting is that?! You are so welcome to stay here for another 3 months. Did you want your Kool-aid packets back :-)
Funny that sometimes your plans aren't the ones that matter, its up to the Lord. And he know exactly what he is doing. That is great you guys get to stay!
So crazy! Congratulations! I'm sad we won't see you this next week though. Glad everything worked out for the best!
Holy Crap!!! good luck finding new stuff and apartment and everything!!! Crazy life!!!?!?!?!? loves, kimi
MAN!!! I guess your not coming to visit the Burtenshaws anymore :( Glad you get what you want!!! That is such a crazy story!
HOly Cow! I read the post after/before this and was confused so after reading this one that all makes sense! Sorry you have to find things for your apartment again! Crazy! You'll be busy! Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment