Sunday, July 26, 2009

A little of this and that


So, I am pretty much posting the pictures I took this week in one giant post.  Not too exciting, but such is our lives.

We were sitting at the table last night and I saw something fall to the floor in the middle of the kitchen.  This poor little gecko was just laying there, not moving.  I even gave him a poke and all he did was twitch.  I'm assuming he didn't make it long once we let him out, but I didn't want to find his little dead body in my kitchen.  Poor little guy.


This beast however, is far from on its last leg.  I saw this beauty sitting at the market and was a little scared to ask the price.  For $20 EC (Easter Caribbean $) I couldn't pass it up, it weighs a TON!!  Keith, who is a much better estimater than myself, guessed 8 or 9 lbs.  Oh, and it came out to be $7.50 USD.   (I have no idea how much it is in the grocery stores, so let's just say I got a great deal!)
(I was walking out the door to the pool when Keith snapped this, so no laughing at my sunglasses being worn inside)

After the market on Saturday morning, I headed down the road to meet one of my favorite groups of people.  (Our Church Branch)  The Branch cleared off a strip of the insanely overgrown sidewalk and picked up bag after bag of trash for a service project.

Jemuel, taking care of business.  

Here's  Pres. Roy with 3 of his cute kids.  They had fanned themselves out perfectly-Ben, Emily, and Xiomara.
Keith, hard at work with the dull, rusty machete that was left in our apartment when we moved in.
I got there late and wanted to do something, so I took a turn with the ole' cutlass as well.  It was pretty much a joke, but whatever.
 You can't really see, but in my other hand there is a branch that one of the members had cut so that it had an arrow head on the end.  It was an awesome tool, as you could grab what you wanted to cut with it and then wack it off.  (Wish I could say I master it, but that would be a far cry from the truth)

2 comments:

Echo said...

HOLY PINEAPPLE!

The Fredericks said...

I don't know why we didn't know about the ward activity-- but good job being there;) also I love th pineapple and the little sad gecko- fun posts!