Saturday, July 17, 2010

Memory Card Full

That's the message I keep getting on my camera. I guess that means it's past time to update my blog. We have had a FaNtAsTiC summer so far, but first things first. Here's some of our pictures from the trip to Miami we took in January, our trip to Mississippi in May, and our trip to California in June.



Miami Metro Zoo
I can't get over how odd looking camels are.

On our way back to our hotel from the zoo, we stopped at a stop light and had a Hitchcock moment! (any one seen "The Birds?") They were everywhere!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Trip: Mississippi

I did the worst job humanly possible taking pictures while in Mississippi! We met up with Keith's sister Melissa and her husband Stephen for dinner and had a great time. I had every intention of taking 1 million pictures this trip, but especially at dinner. (I obviously failed) Keith and I had taken a red eye the night before so we were both running on minimal sleep and we were both out of it that night.

Earlier in the day however, I found the house I would like to live in.
The other 4 pictures I took were even less meaningful than this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Trip: Cali!!

We spent our first day in Vallejo, California at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. It was a lot of fun! They had the longest roller coaster I have ever been on; we rode it over and over again.
The "Discovery Kingdom" part of this is all of the different animals in the park. It's like a zoo+sea world+amusement park all combined into one and scaled down a bit. We went to the dolphin show, the whale show, and the sea lion show.



The next day, after Keiths interview, we drove down Highway 1 for a while. It was Beautiful!



(not in order, but this is outside our hotel)

We got cheap tickets to see the play Wicked! (Loved it, by the way!)


Golden Gate Bridge
I was getting blisters so Keith offered me a piggy-back ride.

In Muir Woods
The redwoods were both amazing and humbling

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stayed tuned for updates from the rest of our summer

3 comments:

*Sheigh* said...

Looks like you had fun! What part of Mississippi were you in? My inlaws live there and I have been there a few times and love it! If you havent gone to New Orleans, you should go there next time....such an amazing experience! My inlaws live in Mize Mississippi which is an hour south of Jackson.

Michigan Roys said...

Having fun...good. We lived in Columbus, MS :)

Brett and Kellie Burtenshaw said...

Chels, your hair is soo long!! It's really pretty!!! It looks like you guys have had so much fun this summer! Awesome! We miss you guys! let's skype sometime!!!