Monday, March 3, 2008

Out of Peppers, but we've got Pudding!


Well, it seems like there is always something that I can't find on this island, but I never thought that I wouldn't be able to find peppers (red or green)! I wasn't able to get any at the market and even 'Betty's Fruit and Vegetable Stall' didn't have any! This makes me a little bit nervous, as Keith and I almost live off of peppers and onions (and whatever we can cook with them) but they said tomorrow they should have some (which means maybe within the next week). Oh well, I'm learning to roll with the punches. We did receive mail and a package(from Keith's parents) today and it really is like Christmas when we get things from home! Yeah! We picked up our package (and Chelsey and Taylors announcement, finally!) at lunch and headed home. Keith ate while I excitedly pulled everything out of the package! We are so excited to have jell-o, pudding, more Kool-aid, a phone, and Keith's contacts! (amongst everything else!) Keith headed back to campus as soon as he got done eating and instead of eating lunch, I made batches of pudding! I'm pretty sure that I never made pudding back home, but we had it once here at our friends house and we've been craving it ever since. It is almost like our substitute for ice cream here! Something cold, sweet, and refreshing! Yum! (and YEAH! for packages from home!)

0 comments: