Sunday, June 22, 2008

Change of Attitude

*Apologies for the negativity on the blog*

Although living on Dominica can be a challenge, I am setting the goal to always see the positive in whatever situation comes our way. (thanks to those who spoke in church today)

* I am grateful that the water went out for a day, as it was a good warning to us to get ready for hurricane season. Also, we found that we may want to get more water in storage, just in case.

* I am grateful when the power sporadically goes out, because when it goes out and I am sitting at home in the dark, I am reminded how blessed I am to have electricity at all. Some aren't so lucky.

*I am grateful for the opportunity I have to walk everywhere, because I constantly get to enjoy this beautiful earth that my loving Heavenly Father created for me. It can also be peaceful and it leaves a lot of time in my day for contemplation and deep thought. And---it's great exercise.

*I am grateful for the market early Saturday morning because I can find healthy food for a very good price.

*I am grateful for the days that it poors, it means that there will be a beautiful rainbow shining over the green mountains of Dominica or the sea.

*I am grateful that it is warm year round here, so that when it does rain and I am walking in it, I don't get cold.

*I am grateful for the neighbor children who talk, play, and scream outside my window at 6:00 am, because I am reminded of the joys of childhood.

*I am grateful that my husband is gone all day studying because it means that he is getting an education and that he is fulfilling his dreams. It also reminds me how much he loves me, because he is sacrificing so much now so he can support our family later.

*And I am also grateful for a family who lives so far away, because it helps me to remember just how much I do love and appreciate them!

2 comments:

Natalynn and Paul said...

It's true days like Friday really do help us to be more grateful for what we have. I like the rest of your list too. Although, I think you should add something positive about the seven dogs that live behind us. They are driving me crazy right now!!

Kerrie said...

I'm sure it is so hard to have a husband in school, and to be away from home. You are amazing to try to be positive. It's nice to blogs, to feel somewhat connected to family. Take care and hang in there being positive.