In the post previous to this post, I was reminded why I like living here on Dominica. Days like today however, remind me why I still look forward to returning to the states! It started at some unknown hour this morning, (or late last night) when I woke up and realized that the power had gone out. (no fan or AC all night--blah!) Keith woke me up when he left this morning (still, no power) and said, "The water is REALLY dirty, you may want to wait to shower, to see if it will clear up." (we had a huge storm last night with lots of rain, lightning, and some thunder) It turns out that waiting might not have been my best option, since we have had no more than one drop of water come out of any faucet in our household since 9:30 this morning. It is now 11:15 pm. Not having water is pretty rough, but the electricity was out all night long and part of this morning, and then again later this afternoon. It makes it a bit harder to live without running water and electricity! (I know it's do-able, but when you aren't planning on it, it's no fun at all!) Luckily, my Mom has stressed to me over and over again (even when we lived in the states) the importance of water storage! (it's come in quite handy over the past 14 hours!) Anyway...... I thought that we were coming to Med School, not a campout! We miss civilization!!
Fashion Show
6 days ago

1 comments:
Wow! That would be so hard! You are endurin it well though! We had no water for just a few hours last week, and I thought that was hard!! I am a wuss obviously!
Post a Comment