Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Day of Fathers

I just thought it appropriate to take a little time out of my day to say "Happy Father's Day" to all of the men out there! This Father's Day has been a different experience than any other Father's Day I have experienced in my 22 1/2 years on this earth. I have never had to be apart from my Dad on Father's Day and it's a bit more difficult than I had anticipated. I was lucky enough to have my Mom here visiting on Mother's Day (which meant SO much!). Anyway, I am pulling Keith into the blogging world as we both type 5 things we appreciate about our Fathers!

(all we have down here are wedding pic.'s of us with our Dad's, so sorry for the flashback)
* My Dad, or Chuck, as we sometimes call him, is the prime example of hard work. Dad,
thanks for teaching by example the importance of good, hard, honest work!
* Thanks for teaching us the importance of being self-reliant! It has proven to be VERY
helpful throughout my life thus far, especially since I've been married!
* "Chuckisms" as we call them, are constantly keeping us laughing and although we often
times make fun of them or give the "did you seriously just say that?" look, we all appreciate
"chuck humor."
* There is a lot to be said about a man that (with a spouse of amazing choice) has successfully raised 5 children to be what I would consider decent people. Thanks for raising us in the
gospel and teaching us right from wrong.
* Thank you for honoring your priesthood covenants and being a worthy priesthood holder!
You are an amazing Dad and I am so grateful and blessed to be your daughter!

(for the life of me I could not get this picture to rotate, I think my file is corrupt--sorry!)

1. My Dad is always willing to help us if we need it and has always been a great support.
2. My Dad has an incredible testimony and very strong faith. I admire and respect him for that. He has always been a worthy priesthood holder and any time I needed him to give me a blessing, he was willing and able to do so. He is a great patriarch to his family.
3.My father works hard for his family.
4. He always tells me he loves me. He obviously shows me though his actions, but it is also great that he is willing to voice it because it is good to here as well as see it though action.
5. My dad has a great sense of humor. He is always teasing and cracking jokes and it makes me laugh.


And last but certainly not least, thank you to our grandfathers! There is something so special about Grandpa's that I could never explain! I am very grateful that I was able to grow up with both of my grandfather's and although I don't have them both now, they both hold a very special and dear place in my heart! I am also grateful for our forefathers who sacrificed so much for our benefit.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO OUR DAD'S, GRANDPA'S, ALL OF YOU OTHER DAD'S, FUTURE DAD'S, AND ALL OF OUR FOREFATHERS!

0 comments: