Saturday, April 26, 2008

I love pictures!

With Keith being out of school for a couple of weeks, we've been packing in as many things as possible. There is so much to see on this small island and we have only seen a small part. This week we have been going-going-going. Wednesday we spent a couple of hours at the pool with some of our friends, Thursday we went to Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge, and Champagne Bay, Friday we went to the beach with a big group of people, and today there was a baptism in the ocean and then we went to Secret Beach. Here are some pictures from Thursday, I'll try to get more pictures from yesterday and today uploaded before too long. We had a blast on Thursday and wished we could have stayed longer at every place we went! These hot springs were along the trail to Trafalgar Falls. They had a little bit of sulfur in them, but not enough to make it stink, just enough to make your skin really soft and smooth! When we got done swimming at the falls, we came back and sat in this pool.

Trafalgar Falls is behind us, it was really long and SO pretty!
We had to climb over some huge boulders and wade through water with a strong current, but it's been fun to test myself physically and know that I can do that kind of stuff. Keith was having a blast sitting here, there's a little bit of a waterfall and he was swimming around in it.
I'm getting ready to start climbing over these boulders! I couldn't believe how big they were!

Around the corner of this stair case is Titou (tee-two) Gorge. We got in the water, which was shockingly cold and swam through the gorge. At the end of the gorge is a very powerful waterfall that creates a current the closer you get. You have to swim pretty hard at the end, but once you get back there, it's awesome. Another girl and I were giggling as we stood under the waterfall. This is the same Gorge from Pirates of the Caribbean 2. When they were in the cage of bones, it falls into Titou Gorge and breaks open. It was pretty cool to be able to watch the movie when we got home and say "Hey, we've touched those walls! We stood under that waterfall!" (the waterfall in the background during the gorge scene) When it was time to go, I thought we might have to leave Keith hanging to the side of the gorge, he DID NOT want to leave!
I got this picture of Champagne Bay off of the internet. Bubbles are constantly coming up from the bottom and it looks like you are snorkeling in a glass of Champagne! (hence the name) We stopped and snorkeled for a little while and LOVED it! It was amazing! There were a variety of things from HUGE fish to schools of tiny fish and all sorts of other sea creatures. Keith and I chased a school of fish together, but weren't able to ever get them.

We stopped for a picture after we went snorkeling. We all had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous pictures. And here we are rejoicing that we get to wear shorts today. Oh well. That last picture would make a great Christmas card to send to all of us cold folks here in Idaho.(:

Christy said...

Awesome pictures! Those rocks are huge! Ryan and I have been thinking of going on a cruise before he starts the PA program...after seeing these pictures I want to go to the carribbean!!